From Sunday 19th July 2020 Morning Church, NightChurch, Youth Group and KPC Kids will all be meeting in person. Below is an outline of our COVID-19 safety measures as we return to meeting in person.
UPDATE – on 2 August NightChurch moved back to 1 Pullenvale Road and Zoom.
Our Church members continue to encourage each other to grow in knowing Jesus, living for him and sharing the truth about him – as we pray for each other and for our world.
COVID safe plans
KPC have opted into the Approved COVID Safe Industry Plan for Places of Worship as amended/adjusted by the Fact sheet for Places of Worship which was released with Stage 3.
After having not met in person for four months we will ease back into things a bit at a time. We will recommence without serving food or drinks (no morning tea or supper), without sharing handouts (notices or Bibles… there is a controlled exception for KPC Kids and Youth Group), and without having a cash collection.
Congregational singing is permitted under the Approved COVID Safe Industry Plan for Places of Worship, but we will recommence without all-in congregational singing but instead with a couple of songs ‘from the front’.
When we meet we will observe Social distancing and hygiene measures, but we will not require anyone to have their temperature taken upon entry, nor will we require anyone to wear a mask. You may of course choose to wear a mask, but please bring your own that adequately suits your requirements.
Here are some further notes:
Some people should NOT ATTEND:
- Anyone (including children) with upper respiratory symptoms (runny nose, cough, colds etc) should not attend.
- Anyone exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms should not attend.
- Anyone having been in contact within the past 14 days with a person having or suspected of having COVID-19 should not attend.
- Anyone having returned from overseas in the past 14 days or being in contact with such a person should not attend.
Some people should consider not attending:
- Anyone over 80 should seriously reconsider attending church.
- Anyone with serious medical conditions should reconsider attending.
- Anyone age 70-80 should consider not attending.
- Anyone pregnant should consider not attending.
Procedures for maintaining distancing and hygiene
- no hand-shaking
- stand 1.5m apart when socialising (and try to talk off at an angle rather than direct)
- regular hand washing/sanitation including sanitising on entry and prior to touching surfaces that may be touched by others.
- no shared bibles or notice sheets will be provided (b.y.o. bible /device). We will make an exception for handouts in KPC Kids and Youth Group where a leader can distribute following COVID-Safe procedures (no self-serve).
- no morning tea will be served (b.y.o. snacks and water bottle)
- We will not have all-in Congregational singing to begin with.
- Individuals/families should set-out and pack-up their own chairs (KPC Kids and Youth Group will need to sit where directed by leaders/teachers)
- families/households should sit in groups separated by at least 1.5m (spread chairs out clustered in family groups).
- For Morning and NightChurch there will be separate seating for anyone who fits the demographic above (i.e. should consider not attending) but who attend being aware of the risk. Chairs for this section will be set up and wiped down with disinfectant and set 3m from the general population.
Notification if you contract or test positive
Attendees are to make contact immediately if they show symptoms (or test positive for COVID-19) within 14 days of attending Morning Church (Phone: 3305 0256 sms: 04 22 99 4069 email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
These arrangements are subject to change at short notice so we encourage you to check your emails/txt messages.