After another brief lockdown in Brisbane (9-11 January) we returned to meeting with masks (17th January) and from 24th January masks are optional again, rather than compulsory.
Below is an outline of our other COVID-19 safety measures.
NightChurch has relocated to Kenmore Uniting Church in order to increase capacity while still maintaining social distancing.
Our Church members continue to encourage each other to grow in knowing Jesus, living for him and sharing the truth about him – as we pray for each other and for our world.
COVID safe plans
KPC have opted into the Approved COVID Safe Industry Plan for Places of Worship.
Food may only be served when approved by the Committee of Management who will ensure correct safety procedures are in place.
When we meet we will observe Social distancing and hygiene measures, but we will not require anyone to have their temperature taken upon entry, masks are to be worn when mandated by the government. You may of course choose to wear a mask at other times, but please bring your own that adequately suits your requirements.
Here are some further notes:
Some people should NOT ATTEND:
- Anyone (including children) with upper respiratory symptoms (runny nose, cough, colds etc) should not attend.
- Anyone exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms should not attend.
- Anyone having been in contact within the past 14 days with a person having or suspected of having COVID-19 should not attend.
- Anyone having returned from overseas in the past 14 days or being in contact with such a person should not attend.
Some people should consider not attending:
- Anyone over 80 should seriously reconsider attending church.
- Anyone with serious medical conditions should reconsider attending.
- Anyone age 70-80 should consider not attending.
- Anyone pregnant should consider not attending.
Procedures for maintaining distancing and hygiene
- no hand-shaking
- stand 1.5m apart when socialising (and try to talk off at an angle rather than direct)
- regular hand washing/sanitation including sanitising on entry and prior to touching surfaces that may be touched by others.
- no shared bibles or notice sheets will be provided (b.y.o. bible /device). We will make an exception for handouts in KPC Kids and Youth Group where a leader can distribute following COVID-Safe procedures (no self-serve).
- morning tea / supper will only be served on occasion with additional procedures in place, so b.y.o. snacks and water bottle.
- congregational singing during church should be considerate/moderate/sensitive to the current need for social distancing.
- Individuals/families should set-out and pack-up their own chairs (KPC Kids and Youth Group will need to sit where directed by leaders/teachers)
- families/households should sit in groups separated by at least 1.5m (spread chairs out clustered in family groups).
- For Morning and NightChurch there will be separate seating for anyone who fits the demographic above (i.e. should consider not attending) but who attend being aware of the risk. Chairs for this section will be set up and wiped down with disinfectant and set 3m from the general population.
Notification if you contract or test positive
Attendees are to make contact immediately if they show symptoms (or test positive for COVID-19) within 14 days of attending Morning Church (Phone: 330 5 0256 email: church @ kpc. org. au).
These arrangements are subject to change at short notice so we encourage you to check your emails/txt messages.